Hotel Golf near Auxerre, a Town of Art and History
Relaxation and leisure activities
in Burgundy, during your stay at the Domaine du Roncemay, treat yourself to a "relaxing" break at the Well-Being Space.
It invites you to take advantage of a traditional Moroccan steam room. Once you have relaxed, you can then make your way to the rest room where you can savour a cup of mint tea in the peaceful atmosphere.
If you want to use up some energy, the gym, tennis court and 18-hole golf course will allow you to burn off the calories.
After so much hard work, be tempted by one of the treatments proposed by our beautician (by appointment only): massages, scrubs, foot reflexology, face and hand treatments, and more. A genuine well-being break is available to you.
At the Domaine
Pool - Sundeck - Tennis court
After a game of tennis, immerse yourself in the turquoise waters of our hotel's outdoor pool!
Settle down comfortably on one of the deckchairs available on the sundeck next to the pool and enjoy the chance to spend some time relaxing with a book or a cocktail.
A unique golfing destination in Yonne, the Golf du Roncemay (72 par – 6,219 m) offers an international 18-hole golf course laid out among a forest, a plateau with an undulating relief and the countryside of Yonne.
A very large practice range with indoor bays and bays on grass, a putting green, a pitch & putt and a 3-hole training area complete the facilities.Book your round
Vaugouard Domaine and Golf Course: www.vaugouard.com
The vineyards of Yonne
In Yonne, two vineyards benefit from the "Vignobles & Découvertes" label : the vineyard of Chablis and the vineyard of Auxerrois. Take advantage of your stay at the Roncemay to discover our region's vintages and set out to the meet the wine growers and winemakers of Yonne.
The wines of Chablis, made exclusively with Chardonnay grapes, bring together 4 appellations: Petit Chablis, Chablis, Chablis Premier Cru and Chablis Grand Cru. Savour a dry, limpid, fragrant and light white wine.
The Grand Auxerrois brings together several "small vineyards" spread out over four regions: the Auxerrois to the south and south-east of Auxerre, the Tonnerrois, beyond Chablis, the Vézelien around Vézelay and the Jovinien around Joigny. The wines produced in these areas are made with typical Burgundy grape varieties, including Chardonnay and Aligoté blanc, Pinot Noir and Gamay for red wines. Discover the vineyard's many appellations, especially the Regional ones.Further information about Burgundy Wines
Take advantage of your stay at the Domaine du Roncemay to discover the region :
- Joigny (15 mins) : to the north of Auxerre, visit this medieval town that dominates Yonne, the many charms of which have earned it the title of the "most beautiful detour in France". Visit its vineyard, Saint-André church, the Maison du Pilori, and more.
- Auxerre (25 mins) : A Town of Art and History, Auxerre, the Capital of Basse Burgundy, offers many monuments for visitors, such as Saint-Germain Abbey, its crypt and its museum, Saint-Etienne Cathedral and the Clock tower. Also stroll around the historic neighbourhoods of the medieval town with their half-timbered houses. Football fans will also make their way to the Abbé Deschamps stadium, the base for the famous AJA club.
- Colette Museum in Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye (30 mins) : in her native village, follow in the footsteps of the famous novelist, the author, in particular, of the "Claudine”, “Chéri” and “Blé en Herbe” series of books.
- Saint-Fargeau en Puisaye Castle (40 mins) : visit the castle and its gardens, and do not miss the Historical Show, a life-size depiction bringing together several hundred actors, horse riders, artists, in a breathtaking sound & light show! Forthcoming dates: every Friday and Saturday from 11 July to 22 August 2015.
- Guédelon medieval worksite (40 mins) : immerse yourself in the heart of History. ln the centre of Puisaye, this original worksite aims to build a fortress using techniques from the Middle Ages.
- Pontigny Abbey (45 mins) : a former Cistercian monastery located not far from Chablis.
- Boutissaint Nature Park (45 mins) : enjoy a breath of fresh air in this park inhabited by fallow deer, roe deer and bison. Picnic, walks, fishing to be enjoyed with family or friends.
- Sens (45 mins) : visit the jewel of the town, Saint-Etienne Cathedral, the first Gothic cathedral in France built in the 12th century. Also, stop off at the Parc du Moulin in Tan, listed as a “remarkable garden”: tropical greenhouses, arboretum, wild rose garden, and more.
- Chablis (45 mins) : The Golden Gate of Burgundy, Chablis offers a selection of intertwining streets characteristic of Yonne. And be sure not to miss some wine tasting in the Chablis vineyard , the largest white wine vineyard in the region. Petit Chablis, Chablis, Chablis Premier Cru and Chablis Grand Cru, four appellations which can be enjoyed in a convivial atmosphere at wineries and wine makers.
- Arcy-sur-Cure Caves (1 hour) : between Auxerre and Avallon, discover this incredible collection of prehistoric caves.
- Vézelay (1:15 mins) : at the summit of Vézelay Hill, Sainte-Marie-Madeleine Basilica is one of the key sites of Burgundy. Discover this exceptional place which is a listed UNESCO World Heritage site.
To find out more about activities and visits in the region of the Domaine du Roncemay , please consult the following institutional websites:
Tourism in Yonne: www.tourisme-yonne.com
Tourism in Burgundy: www.bourgogne-tourisme.com
Tourism in Auxerre: www.ot-auxerre.fr
Please contact us for advice: it will be our pleasure to guide you throughout your stay.